09 July 2007

Memorial for Grandma


On 21 June 2007, my grandma, Marcella "Marsha" Ann Conly passed away after a long illness of emphysema and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. She was 79 years old. Geo and I attended her memorial on 7 July 2007 (a fitting day, 7-7-7, as she was also a fan of the "slot machine"). Geo and I thought the memorial to be a fitting tribute to a wonderful person who was able to brighten everyone's day, even when her days weren't going so well. I'm so thankful for my cousin Kam and her family for making her last few years so wonderful. We are truly blessed to have so many caring people in our families. I am thankful that her suffering is over now and she has a new, perfect body to enjoy in Heaven. In Christ's family, we are deeply comforted now, knowing that we don't have to say good bye, but simply see you later.

Grandma's Memorial

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krissy & Geo, I love keeping up with you on your blog. It was so wonderful that you saw your grandmother on Father's Day. Keep up the good work with the blog, Krissy. Love, McMom

11/7/07 14:35  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Hi G&K :)

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma. My Nana died on June 15. I got up to Minnesota and got a chance to say goodbye which was priceless and I'll never forget it. I, too, am glad that her suffering is over.

Little things like gusts of wind and even bubbles have reminded me of her... maybe you have experienced the same thing. Life is like that sometimes. :)

You are in my thoughts!

:: Carolyn

17/7/07 19:49  
Blogger Mom & Dad T said...

Hi Krissy and Geo, testing our new password to be able to leave comments.

23/7/07 20:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home