26 March 2007

Counting Down

Now, I know I haven't been the best at blogging. So for the faithful that are still checking this once in a while, I thank you! The only way I can justify my less-than-regular blogging is because I'm having too much fun in India. Really, it's been a great time. I know I've been boring you lately with pictures and stories of where we went and what we saw on our trip between terms. That was so 6 weeks ago. Good grief, a lot can happen in 6 weeks.
I have been putting up with really warm weather. It's been up over 100 degrees for about 10 days now, and it will not be getting cooler. At first it was okay, because the nights were still cool. Now we have to sleep with the a/c unit turned on all night. It makes a lot of noise, so at first I resisted this. But now, it's just hot. So the a/c stays on at night.
I've been enjoying more interaction with the Indian ISB students now that we have them all to ourselves. There were just 6 exchange students for this last term. And the ISB students have all been placed for their jobs after they graduate, so there is much less stress around here. We've been having lots of fun and I hardly get to sleep. Poor Geo has so much to keep him busy though: finishing his last projects, trying to find a job...
Geo's sister Andie had a quick visit here too, over her Spring Break last week. We had a good time showing her around Hyderabad, and then we took a 2 night trip to Sri Lanka! It was a beautiful island country, but it was hot and humid there too. But we stayed at one of the Taj hotels (a really nice chain in India, and I guess Sri Lanka too!) right on the water. There wasn't really a beach scene though, but it made for a great view and awesome sunsets.
Geo has 3 days of classes left before he's done with his MBA! If only we knew where he's going to work after this degree is done...oh well. There is certainly nothing to stress about, since we know the plan is already made. We'll find out when the time is right! Despite having his fortune read (some Indians are really into astrology), we know God is in control and it's just much better that way!
Geo's brother George will be joining us on 4 April. Then we're off to Kathmandu, Nepal and Lahore, Pakistan. Our Indian hub will be Delhi. And we might get to take a trip into Chandigarh, Punjab. Awesome!
I'll try to get some more postings taken care of before we're home on 15 April. Stay tuned :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Sarah Levantine said...

My goodness, that went by fast! Glad to hear you're having such a good time, and that you'll be home soon. I suppose it's my turn to come see you next :-)

26/3/07 11:27  
Blogger Joab Meyer said...

I am still checking! Thanks for the update

26/3/07 19:36  
Blogger Cathey and Enn said...

You underrate yourself....the blog is awesome. Enjoy the final days in India and have a wonderful, safe trip with George! As for a job...ever thought of being tour guides??? ;) Love, Mom T

27/3/07 10:09  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me up on the travels. Sounds like you think that your education is coming to an end instead of getting a good start. Have fun on your final travels and continue to keep me up to date on your life plans. Love, McMom

27/3/07 22:51  
Blogger Emrys said...

Congratulations, Geo, on being finished with classes! (We just got on the blog to catch up with your goings-on.) We're having Birthday Week in upstate NY--David, Ginger, Adam, Lara, Josh, The Dogs, Reese, and us. Good food and good times! David wants you to call him when y'all get back in town.
Shalom,
emrys

30/3/07 18:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home