17 January 2007

Shopping Excursions

I spent 5 hours yesterday shopping, eating, and exploring with Noi (an exchange student) and Holly (an exchange student's fiance). I had complete success, finding a lot of nice Indian-style linen clothes and a few things to do yoga in. I don't have any pictures from this, but I want to point out the difference in return policies here. First of all, I was able to use my credit card at both places I shopped at. Bonus. At fabindia, my new favorite store, they have a strict no-return policy. Bummer. But at the new department store, Hyderabad Central, they have a return policy. Check this out:

Exchange Policy: We will accept exchanges within 7 days from the date of purchase only if the Sales Receipt (Cash Memo) is presented along with the merchandise. Books, Body Care Products, CD ROMS, Cosmetics, Crockery, Hair Accessories, Jewellery, Pens, Pharmaceuticals, Music, Soft Toys, Stationery, Toiletries, Undergarments, and Utensils cannot be exchanged. Altered, Damaged, Used, Discounted & Promotional Merchandise also cannot be exchanged. Afer Sales Services for watches, electronics, home appliances, telephones, etc. will be provided by the authorised service centres of the manufacturers. Sarees and Shoes will not be exchanged unless returned in the original condition. In case of repairable defect in Shoes & Spectacles, it will be repaired and not exchanged. We reserve the right to determine whether the goods have been damaged or used. Exchange will be entertained only once for each item sold. inter-store exchanges are permitted only for select range of products. Exchanges are permitted only between 11 am & 4 pm on all working days.

Terms of Sale: Subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction. Goods left for ALteration/Undelivered Goods must be collected within 15 days. Your purchases are guaranteed against all manufacturing defects. Please follow the washing/usage instructions as stated on the merchandise. Please retain this receipt. Exchanges without this receipt will be done at the lowest sale price of the merchandise as per our records.

Don't you think WalMart could get away with something like this?!?
Happy Shopping wherever you are in the world :)

(PS. If you want anything from fabindia, see their website at fabindia.com and let me know. Seriously, it's my new favorite store!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

These policies make Walmart look better every day. Glad you found a favorite store in India. Will check out the web site. Love McMom

17/1/07 09:52  
Blogger Sara said...

Hmmmm... may have to send you a shopping list... when do you leave india?

18/1/07 15:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh....I've finally tracked down my long lost popsicle eating, I'm too tired to drive 3 miles home so I'll take a nap in the backseat of my car", run 20 miles in the freezing Flagstaff winter, friend Jefe' (and Krissy too). Google is a wonderful thing. I can't believe the adventures you're both on. Have a great time. Auf Wiedersehen...Amy. amy.hook@yahoo.com
P.S. I moved to Milwukee and bought a house that I live in with my 3 cats and a dog.

20/1/07 20:55  

Post a Comment

<< Home