27 January 2006

Fun stuff



We had a lot of fun as you can tell from these pictures. We got to pet a cheetah (apparently, this is totally unheard of) at the Nairobi National Park "Safari Walk" (from left to right, the cheetah handlers, Linda, Fred, and Krissy). This cheetah is 4 years old. She was injured as a baby, and is very content with people. Then, we have the Giraffe Park, where we got to feed and kiss the endangered Rothschild Giraffes. That was awesome. When I can figure it out, I'll put up a link to a video we took with our camera.
Then, the last picture is a family picture from "Carnivore", a meat-lovers' paradise. Fred's younger brother, Malik, and his wife, Veronica, came (they live in Norway) and Fred's friend Edna and Fred's mom joined us, as well as another friend, James.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cathey and Enn said...

It's so good seeing everyone having such a great time! Of course, the animals are being spoiled rotten! Look at all the attention they're getting! It's been fun to talk for free on the computers (Skype). I'm getting to be an internet junkie! Take care and keep posting! Viva La Blog! Love, MomT

27/1/06 13:27  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your cats will be jealous. Great "wild" animal scenes and party. To heck with Rothschild and go for Geoffrey Giraffe. Keep us informed. Love, McMom

27/1/06 16:52  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I've been to Carnivore! and I have to say the only vegetarian menu item was terrible! But I hear the meat is great! I hope you guys enjoyed SA! I loved it!

27/1/06 19:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home